Schedule and Run Server-Side Tasks from .NETPortSight Task Scheduler executes long-running and resource-intensive tasks asynchronously, on the server side, which makes your ASP.NET applications more robust and improves user experience.
Click Here to View Demo.
Where can I use it?
PortSight Task Scheduler can be used for any ASP.NET application where you need to:
- avoid server time outs
- schedule and execute server-side tasks
- execute long-running tasks asynchronously
- serialize tasks that access shared data or require a lot of server resources
- execute server utilities and commands under a privileged account
Schedule and execute from ASP.NET ...
- command line utilities
- SQL commands
- Web download
- e-mails sending
- any custom process, such as generation of reports, daily summaries calculations, etc.
How does it work?
- PortSight Task Scheduler Windows services is running on the server under specified account (e.g. under administrator or system account).
- You can create a new task from the ASP.NET page and run it immediately - a pop-up window appears and informs user about task status. The window checks if task is still running.
- After task is finished, the pop-up window closes and user is redirected to specified page.